Next Show March 28th and 29th



Home i Classes i Tickets i vendors i Unique-Opportunities i FAQ's i Pricing/Details i Blog

Dec 19, 2013

DIY Personalized Ornaments

Hello and good morning..

Today I am sharing with you a fun way to dress up your clear glass ornaments with some Cricut vinyl.

First I got my supplies- Tinsel from the dollar store, clear glass ornaments from Target, and some American Crafts ribbon.

First, I filled the glass ornaments full of tinsel, about a foot of it:

Next I used my ribbon to use as a hanger for the ornaments and to add some extra color:

Then I got our my Cricut Expressions machine and used some of the Gray Vinyl from Cricut. I decided to make some ornaments with each of the kids first initial and then one for our family name.

I used the Plantin Schoolbook font at size 2". I set my blade at 3 with medium pressure and medium speed. (high speed seemed to cut too quickly and not work as well with the vinyl).
I added each vinyl letter to each of the ornaments and had a quick and personalized ornament for each of the kids.

These are perfect to make as neighbor gifts, teacher gifts, or as a personalized gift for someone.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

1 comment: