Next Show March 28th and 29th



Home i Classes i Tickets i vendors i Unique-Opportunities i FAQ's i Pricing/Details i Blog

Mar 20, 2013

Cards + Hand Stitching + BasicGrey = CUTE!

Hello and good morning..

It's Wendi on the blog today. One way to really personalize your projects is to add some sewing, and not just sewing machine stitching, but actual hand stitching. Sure it may take a little bit of time, but there is something so homemade when you add it on a project. I remember as a kid, I just loved to do those cross stitches and being so sad once they were completed because it was finished and my project was over.

Why not add your hand stitching to your cards? For these cards I used Basic Grey's Mint Julep line.

First I got some embroidery thread and a thicker needle.
Next I got out two premade tags, but you can easily make your own. I added a punched border to one of them. Once you know what sentiment you want to use, get your tag all ready. I used a pencil to write out my sentiment and then prepunched out holes, using the needle where I would be stitching. Next, add your hand stitching. Then you can use add it right onto your card.
On this card I added a bigger sentiment and matted my tag with paper, and then used machine sewing around the border. To top it off I added some bling:
For this second card, I created a pocket and placed my tag popping out of it:
I added a couple of wood veneer pieces to finish off the card:
So there you go.... And if you plan it out, just plop down and watch some tv while your stitching. I really believe hand stitching adds so much.
Thanks so much for stopping by....don't forget your cards this weekend! We will be collecting cards at The Original Scrapbook USA Expo for Card With Cards. All cards will be donated to Operation Write Home, Huntsman Cancer Institute and Utah Juvenile Justice System!

No comments:

Post a Comment